What’s the opportunity?
A Produce Business sales representative’s paramount responsibility is to support prospects & customers in consistently achieving their marketing & sales goals. You will be representing the global B2B media leader in the perishables industry with an extensive portfolio of award-winning print & digital publications, e-newsletters, events/conferences, and custom marketing programs.
The sales representative’s pathway to success begins by developing a close, professional working relationship with the client — one rooted in trust. From there, you will blend careful listening skills with innovative thinking to collaboratively solve the client’s marketing challenges with Produce Business’ industry-proven media and/or event solutions.
On a daily basis, you will be prospecting, engaging, and closing new accounts in the fresh produce supply-chain, including growers, shippers, distributors (for both foodservice and retail), transportation, and related industry suppliers in your assigned territory. The highest-performing sales representatives jealously guard “buying time” for in-person & phone customer interactions and use “selling time” — basically hours when clients are not available for contact — to do the necessary preparatory and follow-up work.
As a new member of the Produce Business team, we will equip you with the training, tools, and support you need to be a part of our 32+ years of leadership, service, and success. We want you to join with us in the pursuit of our mission: to initiate industry improvement.
What will you be doing?
- Build client relationships and sell advertisements in magazines, on websites, in e-newsletters, and/or sell trade show booths and sponsorships for conferences.
- Develop deep & comprehensive professional relationships with advertisers & agencies, from influencers to decision-makers.
- Heavy phone work, followed up with well-written e-mails & letters.
- Manage your contacts with a CRM/sales program, such as ACT.
- Actively participate in national and regional industry shows in a sales & business development capacity.
- Represent the organization with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Some travel required, depending on experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For?
- Great job for someone with a minimum of 2 to 5 years sales experience, who is a creative seller, people-person, and independent thinker.
- No experience in the food industry required — we will train – but if you are a “foodie” and have an interest in the food industry, this is the place for you!
- BA/BS Degree Preferred
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and comfortable working independently.
- Comfortable and confident communicating with, and presenting to, entry-level associates through C-level executives.
- Customer-focused, with excellent written and verbal communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Extremely well-organized
- Perform quality work within deadlines, with careful attention to detail, with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Work & communicate effectively with the organization’s team members, on all levels, notably in operations and product development.
- Experience in using CRM tools, preferably ACT!
- Proficient with relevant Office Suite applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer 401-K and health insurance. Compensation is closely related to performance.
About Produce Business:
Produce Business is the flagship publication of Phoenix Media Network, the leading media and event company serving business and consumer audiences in the global perishable food industry. With more than 30 years in Business-to-Business publishing, Phoenix Media produces titles including Produce Business, Floral Business, Deli Business, & Cheese Connoisseur magazines, in addition to digital publications, such as ProduceBusiness-UK.com, Jim Prevor’s PerishablePundit.com and PerishableNews.com. Phoenix Media also produces top events including the New York Produce Show, the London Produce Show and the Amsterdam Produce Show. We are headquartered in Boca Raton, FL with satellite offices in Chicago, IL, Santiago, Chile and London.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]
OR USE THE FORM BELOW